On Tuesday, April 4th, eight of Rockway’s grade 7 and 8 students participated in the Waterloo-Wellington Science and Engineering Fair held at Bingeman’s in Kitchener. Their excellent work and preparation resulted in all of our students being recognized at the awards ceremony that evening.
All received bronze medals for their projects:
- Esther Albrecht, “Can Reusable “Bee” Usable?”
- Ruby Dyck Steinmann, “Which Cleaner Works Best”
- Joellah Fletcher,”Do produce washes really keep food fresh longer?”
- Payton Mackey and Nicole Castano, “Now You Hear Me, Now You Don’t”
- Daniel Molina, “Can Self-Driving Cars Save Fuel?”
Andrew Matlow received a pewter medal for “Texting vs Talking – effects on reaction time” and Anna Tyas-Petrik received special recognition for her exceptionally well written report “Do different fonts and colours impact memory?”.
Thank-you to the students for representing Rockway so well!