- How do I apply for admission to Rockway?
Canadian students must complete the RMC Canadian Application Form and return it to Rockway with a copy of their latest report card and a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- I am not a Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant? How do I apply?
Non-Canadian students must complete the RMC International Application Form and return it to Rockway with a copy of their latest report card and a $250 Application Fee.
- I am a current Rockway student. Do I need to re-apply for next year?
Yes. All students must go through the application process each year. To make it easier, parents of existing students are provided a link to our online portal where they can complete the re-application process. Re-applications are available February 1st and should be submitted by February 28th at the latest. A non-refundable tuition deposit of $300 is due with the re-application.
- When re-applying, what happens to my $300 deposit if I choose not to attend Rockway?
The $300 is a non-refundable deposit.
- What happens to my tuition deposit if I do attend Rockway?
The full tuition deposit will be credited to your first account statement that is sent out in August.
- I am applying to Rockway for the first time. Is there anything else I need to do other than fill out the application form, send in my latest report card (and related documents if needed) and a $200 non-refundable deposit?
Once this information has been received, all new Canadian parents and students will be interviewed by the Principal and Director of Admission & Recruitment. All students who meet the application criteria and are accepted for study at Rockway will receive a conditional acceptance. Once this letter has been issued, an additional non-refundable tuition deposit of $300 is required to confirm the students’ attendance. This deposit will be applied to the September tuition charge.
- What are the application criteria? Does every applicant get accepted?
All applications are reviewed by our Admissions Committee and a recommendation is sent forward recommending either acceptance or asking for further information. Each individual’s application is reviewed with respect to academic strength and need, along with social and behavioural realities related to learning. The Admissions Committee seeks to bring fairness in matching the learning needs and goals of individual students with the academic program we offer. Where appropriate, further conversation will be pursued with families and/or schooling professionals familiar with a student’s learning need, so that the fullest context of necessary support may be determined. In general, students with special learning needs must be able to handle the regular grade level program with appropriate and available accommodations and support.
- Are there admission priorities?
Admission priorities are: present students, new students from the Mennonite constituency, siblings of present students and new students outside of our supporting constituency.
- What are the expectations of students?
We expect all students to be supportive of the Code of Learning and Behaviour and be committed to take academic studies and behavioural expectations seriously. Theres is a space for each student to sign their application and re-application form signifying their commitment to these expectations.
- Does Rockway receive any Special Education funding from the Ministry of Education?
We do not receive any ministry funding for Special Education so we are careful to assess whether we can provide appropriate resource support for applicants if necessary.
- Are there any grants or scholarships that I can apply for?
Yes. For more information please check out our Scholarships & Tuition Assistance page.
- How do I find out if I have been accepted?
A letter will be sent out in March indicating that acceptance has been granted (for applications received by the end of January). Letters are also sent at various times during the year to students that have not been accepted.
- Does any portion of my tuition payments qualify for a charitable receipt?
Yes. In accordance with Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) Information Circular 75-23 Rockway follows the prescribed formula to receipt a portion of the tuition fees paid.
More Frequently Asked Questions.