There are any number of activities and events that can help you stay connected with fellow Alumni and involved with Rockway.
ROCKWAY ALUMNI RECREATIONAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE
Rockway has a long and successful sports tradition. The fun and friendships that alumni formed on small Rockway teams continues well beyond their highschool years. To maintain this Flames spirit, connect with Alumni, and stay active, consider joining Rockway’s new Alumni Recreational Basketball League:
- When: Sunday, October 1, 2017, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., for 10 consecutive weeks, not including holiday weekends e.g. Thanksgiving
- Where: Rockway Mennonite Collegiate, North Parking Lot entrance, Gym B/C
- Who: Rockway Alumni
- Cost: $75 per player for the 10 weeks, due at the first game (cash or cheque only please)
- Registration: please complete the form below, and be sure to give your permission for the League Convenor, Luke Moyer, Class of 2004, to contact you .
As an independent school, we rely exclusively on tuition fees, rental income and fundraising. We host special events throughout the year to raise support for Rockway’s mission and to grow Rockway’s community.
CONNECTIONS HOMECOMING WEEKEND – October
Connections Homecoming Weekend is a weekend where past, present and future Alumni and families connect and build relationships during a variety of events, and come out to support Rockway’s mission.
Annual Rockway Golf Classic – May
Chipping In Fore Rockway Student Tuition Assistance
The Ultimate Alumni Picnic – June
Saturday, June 2, 2018 – Join Alumni and Rockway families – all ages welcome – for a fun afternoon!
Saturday, June 2, 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., RAIN or SHINE. If it rains, we will set up activities inside the school.
Join us at Rockway School for a casual afternoon of playing, watching or learning Ultimate Frisbee. And for the grand finale, play or cheer on Rockway Alumni and Rockway Flames Ultimate teams in a final showdown! No tickets required or participation fee; just watch for the sign-up form after March Break 2018.
Bring the whole family! Children will enjoy…
- family mini-soccer
- an open gym with equipment for their use
- popcorn, drinks and cold treats for sale throughout the afternoon
You’re welcome to bring your own munchies and beverages (please, no alcohol), along with your lawn chairs and blankets.
Re-connect and have fun! Many Alumni, especially recent graduates, are not able to attend the fall Connections Homecoming Weekend due to their studies. We hope that this event will give more Alumni the opportunity to connect and re-connect with their Rockway friends.